[StBernard] Craig/Kenny - Garbage pIck up

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 23 23:52:20 EDT 2008

In regards to the comments expressed under the title "Craig/Kenny- Garbage
Pick-up,, outside of some of the "large" piles of debris that are sitting in
front of some homes, there are a significant number of homes/lots that have
small debris awaiting pick-up. These are hazards for mowing (assuming the
owners are cutting the grass), and the debris ultimately becomes overgrown
with grass. Why can;t we have a limited number of prison trustees (3?),
accompanied by a police officer and a driver ? Also, perhaps our St.
Bernard judges could assign clean-up details in lieu of fines (or reduced
fines). Numerous notices have been distributed and published in the paper,
but for those folks who no longer live here or have no interest in
maintaining their property, so the debris remains. I also suggest that
parish workers pick up some of this debris, note the address, and bill the
homeowner $100. If this is enforced, they should get the message. We are
all tired of picking up the debris that our former neighbors chose to
ignore.

Any assistance will be of great benefit.

JFR