[StBernard] $2.6 Million Cut in Private School Funding

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 12 21:26:55 EDT 2008

Dear Private School Parents & Friends,

The Legislature has money coming out its ears, but the House Appropriations
Committee still had the gall last night to cut funding for our Required
Services program by $2.6 Million. This is the amount Governor Bobby Jindal
put into the budget to increase the funding for this vital program.

State law requires our schools provide the Louisiana Department of Education
fifteen different categories of information concerning safety, bus
transportation, health statistics, college entrance applications, etc.
Collecting, typing and transmitting such data to the State involves much
time and expense by our teachers and administrators.

State law says we are supposed to be reimbursed 100% of what we spend to
collect this information. Jindal was going to increase our reimbursement
rate from 60% to 70% but the Legislature wants to stop even that from
happening.

Please take a minute and let your Legislator know that this is COMPLETELY
UNACCEPTABLE!

Thank you,

Danny Loar
Citizens for Educational Choice
Executive Director and Lobbyist

Click the link below to log in and send your message:
http://votervoice.net/target.aspx?id=cec:24328946
<http://votervoice.net/target.aspx?id=cec:24328946>