[StBernard] Parish still looks horrable almost 3 years later

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 16 08:36:49 EDT 2008

I've recently sold my gutted house for what ever I could get. My block
before the storm had very few rentals. Now half the block is rentals of
section 8. Mostly non working people. I am so glad I didn't put a penny
back into my house after the storm. I've recently took a ride through the
parish. On Palmassano, half of the houses are abanded or for sale. On
Patricia by the park, most of the houses are for sale or abanded. Who is
the blame for the downfall of the parish? Local government or the Federal
Government? My opinion, why would someone build a big nice house next to
abandoned run down homes, section 8 neighbors or empty slabed lots. They
will never recover there investment. I'm just giving my opinion and
venting.
aa