[StBernard] Parish still looks horrable almost 3 years later

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 18 19:52:12 EDT 2008

Wishing you and your family the best regards with the decisions you made in
their best interests. Your opinion is one of someone who decided to sell
and move on. May I ask, did you relocate outside of St Bernard Parish?
Let's not have sour grapes in these discussions or bash others decisions as
a way to justify our own.

Some people purchase houses assuming they will resell one day. Others
purchase houses for their lifetime. That's how my late husband and I
purchased our house. It is in a quite, safe and peaceful neighborhood,
safely located in good school districts, convenient to work and church, and
a great backyard with rear access for the boat. Oh yeah, the grandparents
were right around the corner and most of the neighbors had purchased their
parents home or near their parents home, too. So the very family oriented
owner occupied single family dwellings of working class people was quite
appealing to us so to raise our children.

Its a neighborhood worth fighting for.

Our community is changing for good but that's not to say that its not
changing for the better. I'd like to know more about how half your block
can be section 8 because the rental ordinance seems to limit that type of
density of rentals and it was my understanding that the parish is not
administrating any more section 8 than before the storm.

LRA properties are being demolished and slabs removed and not only will the
aesthetics soon improve, but with the lot next door purchase program of
LRA properties we will see these nice big (or not so big) revitalized houses
with even larger lot sizes. This will greatly add to the quality of life in
our community.

Hopefully one day you will see the future which so many of us now strive to
achieve.

SJK