[StBernard] Raise for St. Bernard president proposed

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 20 07:42:41 EDT 2008

John S.: "Any raise in salary should not take affect (effect) until after
the next election in 2011."

Jer responds: John, I wholeheartedly agree. Much like the salary hike of the
former Presidents who had to wait until da term was expired (so not as to
self-serve).

Strange how da money wasn't there prior to assuming office. The economy in
da parish is so oppressed according to most economists and economic
development--yet, somehow da rules change with convenience (I'm anticipating
reading in Ron Chapman's column next week about it).

Here's da pitch: "Everyone in St. Bernard Parish"--everyone..needs a pay
hike and either everyone gets one together (as in great recovery, brighter
times, better living conditions--you name it: Or NO ONE gets a pay hike. All
are in it together to get needed escalation of income.

However, this will most certainly take time to get da adjustment sorely
needed because if one everyone who was associated with da parish were in
quicksand, we certainly don't wish to throw a rope to one or a selected few.
The giver of the rope will select whom to aim this rope. In this
exaggeration, we save the leader and discard the followers (inhabitants). It
just doesn't seem fair if one is not allowed to "follow da leader" is it?

--jer--