[StBernard] St. Bernard cops:

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 21 21:00:04 EDT 2008

I can tell you are upset and disgruntled. You have right to be. Yes, it is
a shame for the young people. This could have been a wonderful opportunity
for them. I'm just saying securing your house should have been the first
thing you did before you started your repairs inside. But shoulda, coulda,
woulda doesn't help you now. I realize that. Signs are not enough to keep
people out. This doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it your fault.
You just can't leave your house unlocked any where these days. But even
locks do not keep thieves out if they are intent on getting in. That's all
I'm saying. You are right in that the police should do a better job
protecting us. You have a right to be angry, I hope things start going
better for you.

Laurie