[StBernard] Carbon Belch Day challenges global warming extremism

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 27 22:41:28 EDT 2008

Chesapeake, VA-Today, Grassfire.org announced the first-ever "Carbon Belch
Day" - an unprecedented day to help Americans break free from the "carbon
footprint" guilt being imposed by Climate Alarmists.

"It's time for Americans to purge ourselves of the false guilt that Al Gore
and the Climate Alarmists have placed on us," says Grassfire.org President
Steve Elliott. "The fact is, reducing my personal carbon output has no
impact on the so-called 'planetary emergency.' That's why for this one
special day we are encouraging every American to unleash a historic 'Carbon
Belch' that will be symbolic of our release from the absurdity of green
extremism."

Grassfire has scheduled the inaugural Carbon Belch Day for June 12, to
coincide with the expected debate over the $1.2 trillion carbon tax debate
in Congress. Grassfire has established a special website --
http://carbonbelchday.com -- along with a 21-question "carbon belch
calculator" to help citizens quantify their personal carbon belch and join
this effort. "There's something for everyone in our calculator," says
Elliott. "You can increase your carbon belch simply by hosting a barbecue,
going for a drive, watching television, leaving a few lights on, or even
smoking a few cigars. Everyone can do their part to save the planet from
climate alarmism -- and there's real science behind our calculator."

Elliott says Carbon Belch Day will have "at least as much impact on the
so-called 'planetary emergency' of man-made global warming as the goofy save
the earth mandates telling us to turn our lights off for an hour. In fact,
since energy is the lifeblood of our economy, a healthy carbon belch just
might do some good!"