[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 28 22:26:13 EDT 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

City-Assisted Evacuation Plan Announced

Emergency planners in New Orleans are asking people who will need assistance
evacuating in the event of a hurricane to call 311 to register with the city
for transportation. Find out more about this initiative and other hurricane
preparedness information in our Public Safety section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/publicsafety#emergency> .

Levees.org Day of Action

Help New Orleans tell the nation and Congress that we deserve federal flood
protection we can trust. From 10:30am - noon on Saturday May 31, Levees.org
wants residents to gather at designated spots to wave signs, hand out flyers
and demonstrate how - as Hurricane Season begins - the city is still
vulnerable and deserves better. Find out more here
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3177> .

Neighborhoods Partnership Network Initiative

NPN works with neighborhoods everyday to improve the quality of life by
engaging New Orleanians in neighborhoods revitalization and the civic
process. NPN is inviting neighborhoods and non-profits to connect with one
another on their new "Faces of Recovery" website launching in early Summer.
The success of the site depends on neighborhood involvement. Visit our
Neighborhoods section <http://louisianarebuilds.info/neighborhoods#citywide>
for more information on NPN.

Upcoming Events

May 28-June 4: Commercial and Charter Boat Fishers Assistance Program
Meeting (multiple times and locations)
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3175>

May 29: Holy Cross Community Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1693>

May 30: Hurricane Preparedness Summit
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3186>

May 31: Jefferson Parish Recycling Drop-Off Day
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3176>

May 31: Levees.org Day of Action
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3177>

June 4: Citizens Road Home Action Team Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>