[StBernard] FBC Community Food Pantry News

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 4 22:15:35 EDT 2008

FOOD PANTRY OPENING A SUCCESS
Kenny Forsyth, Missions Minister

First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry opened their doors on May 6, 2008
@ 6:00pm. Trained volunteers interviewed and distributed fresh bread & food
boxes which included catfish filets to 24 needy St. Bernard Parish families.
As the month of May ended, the food pantry had registered an additional 77
families for a total of 101 families.

(101 families = over 300 men, women & children)

As we look toward the summer months as electric bills, food, and gasoline
prices continue to rise, we are anticipating an increase of families
registering for food assistance. As our interviewers talk to already
registered head of household recipients, they are hearing that many
families, especially with children are not eating a sufficient balance diet
due to not having enough money left over from rent, utilities, school needs,
medical expenses and other weekly or monthly bills. Most of these families
do not qualify for food stamps due to wage earnings being slightly above
qualification guide lines.

Our Pastoral Care & Counseling ministry ministered to many recipients
requesting counsel. Many felt overwhelmed and depressed due to not knowing
how to get out of living on the edge of poverty. We are however
optimistically looking toward the future with expectation of implementing
social ministries to break this cycle of poverty for many. Plans are under
way to add community social ministries to the food pantry as--

*

Christian Women's/Men's Job Corps

Christian Women's Job Corps and Christian Men's Job Corps provide a
Christian context in which men and women in need are equipped for life and
employment; and a missions context in which women help women and men help
men.

We are inviting mature Christian men & women to partner with us to train as
volunteer mentors.

Watch Video
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001gjTrxL264LoAp5D2N4SFX9cAiB6-VCTUfO7_HXVQTpRyu1Ru
-x49TE_BsHxYYjAnRhYvhHqd3MBM4HNeBbjDXidhqjnDQiddQ2BoZuHyWVxjX9tu0bUKJWRYqr6-
AuRwmRQfl5rPdM4=>

Will you please consider partnering with us as we offer-

"Hope and Help for Every Heart and Every Home"

VIRTUAL AID DRIVE

Have you ever participated in a fundraiser for a charity? Maybe you've
helped or donated to a food drive for a food pantry recently? These
fundraisers and events are very worthwhile, but did you know that the First
Baptist Church Community Food Pantry can buy food and other products for up
to 78% cheaper than you can from retail stores?

The
First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry encourages you to help St.
Bernard Parish needy residents by donating through our Virtual Aid Drive.
Through this internet-based solution, you will be able to partner with us by
making monetary donations which will enable us minister to St. Bernard
Parish needy families.

Why use the Virtual Aid Drive? It's fast, it's easy, it's fun and it helps
more people in need!

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001gjTrxL264LpA6-yumfqyJdFBt0_J5agqwUlxiJJI3qGzk28T
DSmbOLuXVHXRU514MkRHG1_GgaGBeORwp1bPNiC459BUuXO7h9D7JaaF4lERVln2IVG2tDUwRgXg
O7T6t_fO1y4hQuBbGg34MiOJzw==>

TAKE THE TOUR & DONATE TODAY

As a nation, we have a special responsibility to vulnerable populations such
as the elderly. Older Americans have built the economy and national
infrastructure from which we now benefit. Raised during the Depression,
they went on to defend our freedom in the Second World War and won the cold
war. America's older citizens have rightly been called the "greatest
generation." It is morally reprehensible that the people that built this
country should suffer hunger in a land of plenty, which they helped to
create. Food insecurity among this vulnerable population is especially
troublesome.

The First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry ask for your continued
support to provide monthly supplemental food assistance to our St. Bernard
Parish needy senior population.

PLEASE DONATE THROUGH OUR VIRTUAL AID DRIVE TODAY
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001gjTrxL264LpA6-yumfqyJdFBt0_J5agqwUlxiJJI3qGzk28T
DSmbOLuXVHXRU514MkRHG1_GgaGBeORwp1bPNiC459BUuXO7h9D7JaaF4lERVln2IVG2tDUwRgXg
O7T6t_fO1y4hQuBbGg34MiOJzw==>

Thank You!

Southern Baptist hunger ministries across the
nation continue facing an increased number of
requests for food.

In 2007, Southern Baptist hunger ministries fed
over 3.5 million meals to the hungry in North
America.

HOW YOU CAN HELP HERE IN ST. BERNARD PARISH?

1.
Learn about our Southern Baptist hunger ministry and partner with
us.
2.
Involve your family and neighbors in our hunger ministry activities.
3.
Promote hunger funds giving in your school, church, and family.
4.
You can provide a meal for a family of 4 with every dollar you
donate.

*
Every dollar contributed to the First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry
is exclusively used to feed the hungry in St. Bernard Parish.

To Learn more about how you, your church, organization, employer, and family
can partner with the First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry, contact
Kenny Forsyth.

Church office: (504)277-2939 Cell: (504)439-9941

* email: fbccfoodpantry at yahoo.com <mailto:fbccfoodpantry at yahoo.com>

If you know of someone in St. Bernard Parish in need of food assisstance,
please have them call 684-0503.

Join Our Mailing List
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1101501705914>

The First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry is a 501c(3) Southern Baptist
Social Ministry

Please forward this eNewsletter to your friends, pastor, co-workers, and
family members by using Forward email link below at left.
$1 $1
EVERY DOLLAR DONATED WILL FEED A FAMILY OF FOUR