[StBernard] Invitation to EPA Disaster Debris Reduction Pilot Project- June 9, 2008

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 6 18:46:44 EDT 2008

Please join us for an EPA asbestos burn project site visit Monday June 9th
4pm

Site Visit, Information, and opportunity to ask questions about EPA's
asbestos burn experiment at our parish landfill

Concerned Citizens briefing is already scheduled for Monday June 9, 2008 at
4pm Please Join Us
Park at the south URG landfill site at 5022 Paris Road and arrive 15 minutes
early

SJK

________________________________

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is conducting a pilot project to
evaluate alternative methods for reducing large volumes of debris leftover
by Hurricane Katrina in the State of Louisiana. The project will study the
use of a grinder and an Air Curtain Burner as potential means for volume
reduction of the debris.
Prior to the initiation of the test, we are hosting a Pre-Test Briefing on
June 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM for community groups. You are welcome to attend this
briefing which will be conducted adjacent to the test equipment. A
designated Observation Area will be located at a safe distance from the
disaster debris reduction activities during the actual test. You are also
welcome to visit the Observation Area at any time, however, an organized
presentation will only occur on the schedule mentioned above.
The test site is located at 5022 Paris Road, Chalmette, LA 70043. We hope
you will be able to join us. This test has important implications for debris
removal following natural disasters in the future. Please RSVP with LaWanda
Thomas at (214) 665-7466 by June 6, 2008, to ensure a spot during one of the
scheduled presentations. Also please arrive 15 minutes prior to your
reservation.

LaWanda Thomas
Congressional/State Legislative Liaison
Environmental Protection Agency, Region 6
(214) 665-7466