[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 18 18:13:35 EDT 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

NORD Public Pools Now Open

Seven NORD pools are now open and operational for the summer. NORD is also
offering summer swimming lessons for kids. Find out more in our
Childcare/Youth Activities <http://louisianarebuilds.info/childcare#summer>
section under "Summer Programs."

Jefferson Council on Aging: Aging & Disability Resource Center

The Aging and Disability Resource Center is the central place for person to
person assistance and counseling to help make the best, most informed
decisions and choices for good, healthy living. Find this and other
resources for seniors in our Seniors section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/seniors> .

Rebuilding Together

This program, part of a national program managed regionally by the
Preservation Resource Center, helps rebuild houses in the Esplanade
Ridge/Treme, Broadmoor, Holy Cross, Faubourg St. Roch, and Hollygrove areas.
Assistance is available to residents 62 or older and low income, disabled
and low income (any age), and first responders. See our list of
organizations helping to rebuild houses
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/2896> for more information.

Upcoming Events

June 18: Citizens Road Home Action Team Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

June 18: Global Green Panel Discussion: Solar Energy
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2685>

June 19: Holy Cross Community Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1693>

June 19: Free dental screening for babies and children
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3200>

June 21: Traffic Court of New Orleans Warrant Amnesty Day
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3247>

June 28: Free immunization shots for children 18 and younger in New Orleans
East <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3236>