[StBernard] BREAKING: I-10 Twin Spans closed

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 21 08:50:26 EDT 2008

According to State police, the I-10 Twin Spans are closed due to a
hydrocloric acid spill.

An 18 wheeler is reportedly overturned just off the northshore end of the
Span, spilling part of its load.

All lanes of traffic in both directions areclosed. Westbound I-10 is
closed at Old Spanish Trail, and eastbound I-10 is closed at Irish Bayou.

The alternate route is Highway 11. Troop L Spokesman Louis Calato says
there are no evacuations at this time, and says that so far, none of the
acid has gotten into the lake.