[StBernard] Obama supporter ??

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 23 20:08:21 EDT 2008

Jim,

The thing to keep in mind is even if this video is satire, it's making fun
of people who really do exist...I personally know a few of them.

Last weekend my wife and I got together with two other couples who are good
friends, both wives are public school teachers - and they are BIG on the
"Obama bus." They both know I'm supporting McCain, even though I have some
issue with him on immigration, but they both relished the evening taking
jabs at me because they're confident he's going to win...who knows? But
they handed me all the "change" bullshit rhetoric and I just kept smiling.
One of the two, Amy, asked how I could just sit there and keep smiling
through all their attacks on me for supporting McCain and the GOP. I
responded to her by saying this...

"Amy, presuming that Obama wins, this is going to put our friendship to the
test over the next four years." She replied "in what way." I told her "I'm
curious to see how long you are going to put up with my calling you,
emailing you, text messaging you everytime this joker falls flat on his
face. You will get sick and tired of me leaving you voice mails with me
laughing my ass off at this clown, you'll get tired me asking "where's the
change, where's the change?"

I went on to tell her I can only hope that "political failure" will be the
only thing he'll do. I explained I fear far worse than another 9-11
happening after this idiot relaxes national security policies and
compromises our safety. But, I told her, "I can only hope when the bomb
goes off it's you in the crowd and not me." I asked her if she agreed if
that, in the very least, would be fair? She suddenly got VERY quiet.

I should note neither of their husbands said a word - both are good friends
and they believe in "if you can dish out, then you gotta be willing to take
it" principle.

Jim, I "used to believe" all this came down to simple "agreeing to disagree"
- but things have changed, the world has changed since 9-11. I explained to
Amy that her candidate is someone who has clearly explained he is going to
change national security policies which will then increase the risk to mine
and my family's personal security and well being. We're no longer just
talking about who will raise or lower taxes or spending.

I hope people in this country wake up and realize they're not choosing which
flavor of the month they'd like to see at Baskin Robbins...but yet there are
those who would spend more time pondering that than who to vote for as
President....go figure!

John