[StBernard] Comparison of Des Moines & New Orleans...

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 23 21:18:09 EDT 2008

I didn't write what is below, but I wish I had.

John Scurich

________________________________

Subject: Comparison of Des Moines & New Orleans...

When New Orleans flooded, it was touted by the media as a racist
plan to wipe out black people. Now that white people are getting flooded
out, the media needs to investigate, right? But who?

I heard a dimwit talking head on CNN yesterday say that this
reminded him of New Orleans. How?

Outside of being flooded with water the similarity stops there.
There is no looting, no people wandering the streets looking for meanness,
no grocery carts being shoved through the water carrying stolen big screen
TVs, no people sitting on the tops of their houses waiting on the government
to come and get them, or police abandoning their posts.

There are no Iowans bitching how the government and George Bush is
failing them. There is not one damn thing, other than water, that is similar
to New Orleans.

The streets in Des Moines are empty. People left when they were told
to evacuate. They didn't whine, bitch or blame the government for the broken
levees. They did what responsible people do in a crisis, they acted
responsibly and took care of themselves.

The actions of the people of Des Moines only makes the actions of
the people of New Orleans look like what it was.....people of several
generations lulled into a total dependency on government unable/unwilling to
depend upon themselves to save themselves or do anything for themselves
except act as criminals and thugs.