[StBernard] Nine members of state ethics board resign

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 28 08:49:55 EDT 2008

Another reason we should ask for serious changes in Baton Rouge. SJK

Nine members of state ethics board resign

EXCERPTS from article by Caroline Moss Baton Rouge, LA (WAFB)

It takes eight members to launch any ethics investigation, so right now, all
research is completely stopped. "Now, you're seeing it happen and we all
need to settle in to the fact that do not have real ethics enforcement from
here on out," Stonecipher says. He says board members are leaving because
legislators and the governor basically told them to. He made that prediction
in February. "We are going to effectively stop this ethics board from doing
what they otherwise normally do."
Read the entire article hear: Posted: June 27, 2008 12:47 PM CDT
Updated: June 27, 2008 05:52 PM CDT
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=856599