[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 2 19:08:43 EDT 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

FEMA Trailer Deadline

FEMA is working with the Office of Safety and Permits to distribute the
announcement to homeowners regarding upcoming trailer removals. Find out
what this entails, how to file an extension, and how to get help
understanding the process in our FEMA section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/fema#trailers> .

Helping the Homeless

The number of homeless people in New Orleans has doubled since Hurricane
Katrina struck in 2005. UNITY of Greater New Orleans is a network of
agencies that help to prevent, reduce, and end homelessness. Their case
managers help homeless residents get off the street by placing them in
temporary housing or hotels and eventually into permanent housing.
Currently, UNITY is in the final stages of helping people move from
underneath the Claiborne Bridge and into permanent housing. Find out how you
can help UNITY in our Volunteer/Donate section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/volunteer> .

FixNola.org

FixNola.org uses the extensive Volunteer Match database to match
civic-minded New Orleanians with volunteer opportunities throughout the
city. Find out about this and other Volunteer resources in our
Volunteer/Donate section <http://louisianarebuilds.info/volunteer> .

Upcoming Events

July 3: Citizens Road Home Action Team
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

July 3: Holy Cross Community Meeting
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1693>

July 5: OC Haley Summer Marketplace Festival
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3282>

July 10: Corps of Engineers Public Meeting - Chalmette
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3283>

July 15: Road Home Assistance <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/3270>