[StBernard] 'hmm'

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 10 20:02:51 EDT 2008

John, I found this on a blog I read. It appears there might be an issue
with the age of
Obie's mom and Hawaiian law at the time. I'm pasting in here:

JY

I must admit I initially thought this was a farfetched question. But there
is a significant body of evidence, some circumstantial, that suggests the
answer may be "no." An internet friend (Katherine) has pursued this
relentlessly. She sent me the following:

According to the state laws in Hawaii that were in effect at the
time of Obama's birth, a child must be born to "TWO" U.S. Citizen parents
(this law was in effect from "December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986," which
means it applies to Barack's birth.

But only Barack's mom was a U.S. Citizen. Papa Obama was a citizen of Kenya.
Well, the Hawaiian law stiplulates that:

.If only one parent was a U.S. Citizen at the time of your birth,
that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years,
at least FIVE of which had to be after the age of 16."

It appears that Obama's mother was only 18 when Obama was born, which means
she was shy of the 21 years of age required by the law. In other words, she
was not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. Citizenship. At
what point was Barack Obama Jr., son of Barack Obama Sr., recognized by the
U.S. Government as an American citizen? When he moved to Indonesia with his
mother and step-father in the mid-1960s I am assuming he had a U.S.
passport.

There is a law suit in the works. Of that you can be sure. As was noted in
an early post today on No Quarter, Barack's stubbornness on the birth
certificate issue is keeping the matter alive. Not a good idea going into
the General Election.

I am not a Constitutional scholar (nor is Barack for that matter). The
relevant clause of the Constitution stipulates that:

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United
States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible
to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that
office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been
fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

Now, I had always assumed that a naturalized citizen (like Arnold) could not
be President. but the clause, "or a citizen of the United States," seems to
open the door for people who become citizens. Any lawyers out there?

Unless someone who is an expert on the Article of Confederation can
correct
me, it is my understanding if you are born on U.S. soil then you are
legally
a natural-born U.S. citizen - even if neither of your parents are
U.S.
citizens. Obama's website info says he was born in Hawaii. That
should
make him legally qualified to be elected President. I'm curious if
someone
knows something to the contrary.

John

____
DEVACAPS.com - Data Evacuation and Protection Services
Because your data is too important to leave behind
504-250-6407 sales at DEVACAPS.com
http://www.DEVACAPS.com

____
Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis

Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the
message
itself.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT MEANT TO BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND
SHOULD NOT BE
CONSIDERED AS SUCH.

This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution
through
electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express
written
permission of Westley Annis.

StBernard mailing list
StBernard at da-parish.com