[StBernard] What is our country coming to?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 17 09:05:25 EDT 2008

John,

Has there been any media coverage of this? A pic of the sign is actually
going around the internet.

Jim

Westley,

This is an update for posting on the famous sign put up by Bud
Gregg, a
Mandeville State Farm agent.

After receiving physical threats the sign has come down. I can only
ask
what kind of country are we turning into when a individual, private
or
public, cannot express his/her opinion, in good taste and good
natured,
without receiving threats of bodily harm or death.

Mandeville, Louisiana is often called the conservative or Republican
capital
of Louisiana. A registered Democrat has absolutely no chance
whatsoever
of
getting elected to public office and the locals consistently vote
Republican
90%+ of the time...no surprise.

So, once again, the extreme "liberal fringe" minority (or
"flakes" as I like
to call them) causes a person of "majority opinion" to refrain from
exercising his constiutional right of free expression. Again, I ask
"what
is our country coming to?"

The local authorities agree the threats were made by individuals who
are
"obviously Obama supporters." After all, it doesn't take a
Sherlock Holmes
to figure out why would anyone who is against Obama or for John
McCain make
such a threat.

Bud has two ladies who work in his office, often working several
hours on a
given day without Bud in the office. They insisted Bud "not" take
down the
sign, but out of consideration for their safety he said there was no
way he
would take such a risk with so many kooks out there who don't have
any
regard or respect for others. I understand what he did and respect
him for
that.

But, there are two items of good news that's come from this. First,
Bud's
business is on the up. He's received dozens of calls from people
who all
expressed a common message..."you're the kind of agent I want to do
business
with."

Secondly, Bud told me there's a billboard available in another busy
area of
Mandeville (away from his office) and he's negotiating with the
billboard
company to rent it and have the same message placed on it as the
smaller
sign. Bud said it will clearly read at the bottom for all to easily
see..."Paid for by Bud Gregg."

Go Bud!!!

John Scurich