[StBernard] Democrats Won't Allow Votes to Help Lower Gas Prices

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 17 22:39:15 EDT 2008

Dear Friend:

I wanted to send you a quick email about the latest outrageous action by
Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat leadership in Congress.

When Americans are canceling vacations because gasoline is over $4.00 per
gallon, Democrats plan to adjourn work for a month-long vacation the first
of August WITHOUT holding a vote to drill for American oil.

This is inexcusable.

I know you'll agree with me that there should be no recess without voting on
legislation that can help lower gas prices.

No wonder the new Gallup Poll
<http://list.nrcc.org/t/1914060/11265263/2337/0/> yesterday that shows
Congress's approval rating has slipped to an all-time low of 14%. It's not
hard to figure out why.

The Democrat Majority in Congress is putting their extremist ideology ahead
of common-sense solutions to bring down the price of gas and reduce our
dependence on foreign energy sources in unstable regimes.

If you are as outraged as I am, I need you to do 2 things:

1. Send a strong message to Pelosi and the Democrat majority to vote
now. Sign our online petition demanding Congress take immediate action to
lower gas prices before taking their vacation. You can sign the petition by
clicking on the following link --

http://www.nrcc.org/actioncenter/default.asp?ID=288
<http://list.nrcc.org/t/1914060/11265263/2338/0/>

2. Help us spread the word by forwarding this email to your email list!

I hope you join our efforts to force the Democrat leadership to vote and
lower gas prices today!

Sincerely,

Tom Cole, MC
Chairman

P.S. Nancy Pelosi plans to begin her month long vacation in two short weeks
so please make sure to sign the petition today by clicking on the following