[StBernard] Corps of Engineers Meeting Schedule

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 25 16:54:48 EDT 2008

To: LACPR Stakeholders From: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, LACPR Team Date:
July 2008 Re: Stakeholder Workshops The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New
Orleans District is working in partnership with the Louisiana Coastal
Protection and Restoration Authority's State Master Planning effort. In
coordinating this endeavor and the Corps commitment to hurricane protection
and coastal restoration, the Corps is engaging stakeholders. As many of you
are aware, we launched the stakeholder workshops in June 2007. Since that
time, the LACPR team completed the extensive storm modeling effort, economic
analysis and identification of critical variables in estimating public risk.
The next round of stakeholder engagement meetings is scheduled to gather and
update information on stakeholder priorities as they relate to the various
study objectives and performance metrics. During these meetings, we will
share with you updated information on the analysis of alternative plans,
provide you a chance to offer your views on risk reduction priorities,
demonstrate how those priorities can influence how plans are ranked, and
explain the path ahead for LACPR. These meetings will be another opportunity
to interact with our planning team and your fellow stakeholders. We want you
to express what you and your organization believe are the critical risk
reduction plan outputs and what tradeoffs between outputs are appropriate in
identifying a comprehensive plan. During this round of meetings, you will
have the opportunity to input weights for more than one planning unit.
Therefore, if during past rounds of meetings you traveled to several
locations in order to provide us your preferences for each planning unit,
that will no longer be necessary. You will also have the opportunity to view
how your fellow stakeholders value different outputs and tradeoffs, and
discuss the differences in various perspectives. In this round of meetings
an assessment of relative output tradeoffs will be provided though
interactive feedback as you enter your weight preferences. Your input will
portray how the alternative plans may change with different sets of priority
for the plan output values. Meeting dates and locations are listed below.
IMPORTANT!!! - There are two sessions per day at each location during this
round. Please use the attached form indicating your attendance.
1
The form should be faxed back to Kelly Stoll at 504-862-1892 by July 22nd.
If you are unable to attend a meeting we encourage you to pass this
invitation along to another member of your organization. Also, please feel
free to pass this information on to other stakeholders you believe are
interested in participating. Should you have any questions, please contact
Kelly at 504-862-2911. We look forward to your participation. Abbeville