[StBernard] "We are no longer a Christian nation"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 1 15:13:40 EDT 2008

Jer,

Let me add a comment that Christianity in the religion itself - Catholicism,
Lutheranism, Methodists, etc. are the denomination of that one religion.
That being said, you are historically correct is those "Christian" beliefs
which are the fundamental foundation of every word you read in the
Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. After all, how to you
think the term "Puritan ethic" came about in our language. It just goes to
show how (and I'll eve add) "Judeo-Christian" beliefs built this country
from the government we established, the work ethic we believed in, and all
the way down to how people should simply treat one another.

While I absolutely believe in tolerance of any other religion to be
practiced in our country, I certainly have a problem with anyone who says
those fundamental beliefs should no longer serve as this country's
foundation. That then becomes an infringement on "my" beliefs.

John Scurich