[StBernard] "We are no longer a Christian nation"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 5 23:42:14 EDT 2008

John, I truly believe (from the liberal perspective) that adhering to the
"supernatural" world of God is considered:

1. Out of touch/out of date with modern times
2. Would be A figment of Judeo-Christian's imagination--invented to ease
one's conscience from bad deeds to good tidings.
3. Created for Ancient folk-lore intended to amuse the reader of holy books
(ie. The Bible, etc.)
4. Initiate Brainwashing by our elders (ie. ancestors through parents and
relatives) to indoctrinate and instill false concepts into frail little
minds.
5. Would Confound true science by white-washing what liberals call the truth
through facts and empirical evidence through observations and experiments,
etc.
6. Is A Reason to hold a holiday (Christmas, Easter, etc.)
7. Would Create an employment opportunity for hold men (priests, rabbis,
etc.)
8. Would Establish the truth by placing one's hand on the bible before
testimony.
9. Might keep the ACLU from marching on courthouses, schools etc. or to stop
a non-attitude of creating a good in people, prayer in schools, love for
their creator (provided no individual religious is adhered towards, but an
acknowledgment that a supreme being is above all nature.)
10. And yes, might create a Christian nation (majority of American's
founders) removed from establishment of religious freedoms and reason for an
establishment of a non-state organized religious <as was England, for
example).
11-20,000.....Etc...etc..

For the benefit of the masses in America (polls say 92% believe in a higher
power). However, those who are Christians will/should fight for their faith
and the other faiths, we're sure will fight for their own beliefs (as is
evident in the Middle East/Israel.)

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/06/23/ST20080623008
18.html>

However, I used to shun away from Jehovah's witnesses that used to claim
about 144,000 going to Heaven, yet--after witnessing world decadence,
America's thirst from atheism and agnosticism, Buddism, and other cults, I'm
starting to have doubts whether that many will wind up being faithful to God
enough will enter Heaven's Gates by the time the world's end is reached. <g>
Seriously, though. Still no winners in religious and political views as
opinions and beliefs are still that (for "for those who believe, no evidence
is needed, for those that disbelieve, no evidence will suffice." . . .

--jer--