[StBernard] Shangri La Won't March In '09

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 20 08:34:35 EDT 2008

>to conduct a Valentine?s Day French Quarter Stroll.

>Tickets to the stroll will be $275.

So, I can pay $275 to stroll thru the Quarter, or is it I can
pay $275 to watch *them* stroll thru the Quarter.

Or maybe I can go to the Quarter early, hide around a corner and
then watch them stroll for free? LOL!!

-

NEW ORLEANS - The Krewe of Shangri-La announced Tuesday that it will
not
march in the 2009 Mardi Gras celebration. Citing their ?present
economic
situation,? the Krewe said it intends to return in 2010, and to
conduct a
Valentine?s Day French Quarter Stroll. Tickets to the stroll will be
$275.

The
krewe?s captain and founder, Mary Katherine Lonatro-Tusa, released
the
statement describing the turn of events.