[StBernard] Lynn Oaks School

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 2 14:40:54 EDT 2008

Hello, Westley,
Could you please put this out on your site? I hope that you guys weren't
too affected. I know how close you are to Houma, so, please know that you,
Erica and the kids are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am going to try and reopen Lynn Oaks on Monday, September 8th. As many of
you know, our beautiful 11 acre campus includes numerous trees. I have been
unable to return to assess any damage to the campus. My owner/President,
Troy Dean is battling his own battles over at EBI where there was at least 5
feet of water. As of right now, it is my understanding that the water has
not receeded too much. So, he is basically "stuck" on the Plaquemines side
of the floodwall in a battle to protect his equipment. I have heard from
everyone that the school did not flood, but I haven't heard anything about
downed trees. We have more trees than we can count. I am keeping my
fingers crossed that the school was not impacted by any strong winds.

Please assist me in getting the word out that I am updating our website as
information becomes available to me. However, at this time, I am cancelling
school until Monday, September 8th. I am looking forward to seeing the
students back next week and getting back to normal.

Thank you,
Kim Duplantier, Principal
Lynn Oaks School
email: principal at lynnoaks.com