[StBernard] Using a generator to power a computer

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 4 10:09:43 EDT 2008

Not save at all. There is too much of an opportunity to have a surge
greater than the protector can handle. Anything connected to the generator,
or at least I do this, goes through two surge protectors. The way I think,
"If you can afford to immediately replace it, then don't worry. If you
can't, then take every precaution." That is me.

I only had a small used window unit, the refriderator, and once in a while
the microwave or coffee pot. Nothing else is used to prevent drainage or
too much power from the generator. Only two appliances at one time are
used. If the microwave is needed, then the refridgerator is unplugged. That
way the loss of appliances is lesser should there be a surge.

CD