[StBernard] In defense of Sarah Palin

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 14 21:20:40 EDT 2008

Michelle,

Let me add this. The latest bs the media is "trying" to stir about Sarah
Palin (by failing miserably) is her lack of foreign policy knowledge due to
her response to a reporter's question about the so called "Bush Doctrine."

When asked about it, her response was "what doctrine" and "what about it."
Right away the media reported this as proof to her being a novice on foreign
policy...but actually, her response was the absolute correct answer....and
here's why.

There is no such thing as the Bush Doctrine. Such terms are used when the
administration itself labels it as such, but that is not the case here.
Proof - go ask President Bush if there's any such thing as a the "Bush
Doctrine" and his response will be.."nope, no such thing."

The term "Bush Doctrine" is a MEDIA term created by the media as a short-way
of describing President George W. Bush's decisions/actions in the
international community, particularly with Iraq and Afghanistan. So
naturally, the Bush Doctrine is whatever the media decides what it is at the
moment they refer to it - or however best it serves their purpose based on
the story they're covering.

Author Jacob Weisberg wrote a book titled "The Bush Tragedy" where "he"
identifies six successive decisions made by President Bush that he feels
defines the Bush Administration's foreign policy goal. But, as you can see,
all of this is purely subjective.

In short (and generally speaking) the Bush Doctrine refers to Preident's
Bush's position on strategic pre-emptive strikes as part of a "preventive
war" theory. Even Wikipedia's explanation on the Bush Doctrine clearly
states that it is difficult, if not darn impossible to define.

So, when Sarah Palin in her response shrugged her shoulders and said "what
are you talking about" proved to me she knew more about the Bush Doctrine
than the reporter, since there is no clear, objective understanding as to
what the Bush Doctrine actually is.

But, these lower-sinking scumbags (i.e. media) will try to take the littlest
thing they can grab onto then twist and recolor it to their own selfish
agenda in an effort to try and make Gov. Palin look bad - when all they're
doing is making themselves out to be the fools we already know they are.

But don't take my word for it...look up and research the term Bush Doctrine.
You'll see the more you read the more convoluted it gets.

John Scurich