[StBernard] New Rules (as Bill Maher says)

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 16 08:09:20 EDT 2008

I was just watching the opening of the Cowboys/Eagles games and heard (I
think) the National Anthem.

I have no idea who the woman was who butchered it, but I just have to say
this:

NEW RULES:

If you have been asked to sing the National Anthem at a public venue. No
embellishments or interpretations are allowed! It is the national anthem of
our country. It's not a song for you to add ornamentation to, nor are you
allowed to rewrite the melody. You are supposed to be some type of
recognized singer. With that in mind, I hope you can read music; it's those
squiggly things on paper and there are five lines and 4 spaces grouped
together.

If you feel a great need to add your "take" on it, we reserve the right to
grab one of those giant hooks and remove you from view.

JY