[StBernard] St. Bernard Council moves to create new hospital board

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 17 22:42:48 EDT 2008

Response to #8416 on the council and its own HSD #2

I have noticed an unfortunate pattern with our councils as well, especially
with bad landuse decisions.

Decisions seem to be made before constituents are even aware of the issues
{Murphy, SDT, HSD Land}.

Council meeting agendas contain little to no information and requesting
complete information prior to a council meeting does not always result into
anything.

Citizens are discouraged, if not censored, should they attempt to sign up to
speak on an agenda item which is "being considered for legislation" such as
those that are being "Introduced" as an ordinance.

IF the council doesnot wish to hear from the public at the time of
Introduction of Ordinance, to hear from the residents BEFORE they craft the
ordinance, then when?

The Home Rule Charter states that citizens will have the opportunity to be
fully heard.

In closing I would like to request a number to sign off with. Thankyou

#TBD