[StBernard] Landrieu Gambled Away Our Energy Needs...

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 19 21:43:03 EDT 2008

Team-

The news from Wall Street this week has placed the United States at a crossroads. Excessive greed from Wall Street traders, lack of oversight from Washington and Congress’ out-of-control spending created our financial challenges. As is typical in Washington, politicians ignored the warning signs of our old-fashioned regulatory system while greedy Wall Street traders borrowed billions and invested the money in risky securities. We are now in the midst of an economic crisis that will affect everyone from Wall Street to Main Street.

State Treasurer John Kennedy has been keeping a close eye on the financial markets to ensure Louisiana’s assets are protected. But the financial decisions of everyday Louisianans hang in the balance and John won’t let this stand. That’s why he has called for a complete overhaul of our outdated regulatory system so that it can quickly and transparently respond to today’s financial marketplace. Earlier this week, John spoke to WBRZ and NBC-33 in Baton Rouge about the financial challenges we face and spent an hour on WWL radio taking listener calls about what this means for Louisiana.

Watch Our New TV Ad

On Tuesday, we launched a new television ad, “Fundraiser.” <http://www.johnkennedy.com/fundraiser.php> Our new ad highlights Mary Landrieu once again placing Washington politics over the needs of hurting families – this time on earmarks for lobbyists. After a lobbying interest held a fundraiser for Mary Landrieu, she steered $2 million of taxpayer money to this lobby’s company. It’s just the latest example of why Washington is broken – and Mary Landrieu helped break it because she used your tax dollars for political gain. Landrieu’s political favors <http://www.johnkennedy.com/fundraiser.php> prompted the leading nonpartisan government watchdog, Citizens For Responsibility and Ethics In Washington (CREW) to name her one of Congress’ “Most Corrupt” <http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/node/427> members.

John Kennedy has always stood for reform in Louisiana and he will do the same as your next Senator.

Click Here To Watch “Fundraiser” <http://www.johnkennedy.com/fundraiser.php>

Landrieu’s “Gang Of Ten”: DOA

After staking her re-election on thousands of fancy TV ads and press releases touting her ‘Gang of Ten,’ Mary Landrieu’s election-year gimmick on energy is officially DOA. Even worse, according to published reports, Mary’s ‘Gang’ never even introduced legislation.

This morning, The Hill <http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/gang-of-20-wont-offer-energy-bill-2008-09-18.html> , Politico <http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0908/Senate_energy_gang_punts_until_after_election.html> and Roll Call <http://www.rollcall.com/news/28502-1.html> reported the ‘Gang of Ten’ energy sham ‘organized’ by Mary Landrieu has failed. Landrieu organized this election-year gimmick after voting twice with liberal extremists to block pro-drilling legislation and voting to go on summer vacation without an energy deal in place. Now Louisianans get NOTHING on domestic drilling – and we’re left holding the bag.

And instead of fighting for drilling on the floor of the Senate, Mary Landrieu played ‘Gang Of Ten’ politics on the floor of the Democratic Convention.

Voters are tired of hot air from Washington politicians. And they know the difference between fake, election-year plans aimed at protecting Washington politicians and ginning up press stories, and those aimed at taking direct action to help meet our energy needs. That’s why every single neighboring Gulf Coast Senator opposed Mary’s election-year gimmick.

Landrieu’s energy ‘plan’ failed for one simple reason – Mary’s plan was all talk, no action. She gambled away our energy needs, staking her ‘reputation’ on an election-year gimmick that has now officially produced ZERO for Louisiana. So much for Mary’s ‘clout’ in Washington.”

Get Involved

Invite your family and friends to join our campaign for change. Please take a moment to visit JohnKennedy.com and make a contribution.

Thank you for your support,

Team Kennedy