[StBernard] Check out The Reverend Manning - The Rev. gets revved up--again! Pretty Heavy Stuff from the Reverend on Palin & Obama

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 25 08:19:23 EDT 2008

Well Wendy, you are lucky so far. But don't pat yourself on the back too
soon just because you can talk to you kids about sex. You still have a long
way to go before you get your kids all grown up without this happening to
one of them. I talked to my kids about sex. I have many friends that talk
to their kids about it too, but it still happens to the best of kids and
parents. Mistakes are sometimes made and I can tell you, my oldest daughter
that is now married with two kids recently told me: I know you talked to me
about sex all the time, but it didn't make a difference. I was going to do
what I wanted and anything you told me went in one ear and out the other.
When you are that age you think you know it all and that your parents know
nothing about the world. I consider myself lucky that I got all three of my
kids grown up past 21 and no one got pregnant or got anyone pregnant. So do
a lot of friends my age with kids my age. I don't wish it on you, I'm just
saying with kids that young you still have a ways to go before you are home
free and you sound a bit naive to think you can control it.

Laurie