[StBernard] Chalmette man killed when he answers the door

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 25 08:20:52 EDT 2008

Well BR it's a concern definitely. When something of this nature happens
usually there retaliation by another party. Hopefully it was an isolated
incident.

JY

JY, That's what I was wondering. If I am guessing we average no
more than
one a year with a high year being two. Maybe someone with access to
crime
stats can chime in. Greenspacing that area was a good idea but
funding for
compensation was never part of the plan. I think most owners would
have
taken minimal compensation for the destroyed property. It is a
shame we
never had the money to take out some of excess housing stock in
low-lying or
slow recovering areas. It really puts a strain on
public services
especially the sheriff's office.

BR