[StBernard] Finally, leadership be example...not just words!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 25 22:29:50 EDT 2008

When asked about suspending his presidential campaign as Sen. John McCain
has until this financial crisis has a solution, Senator Obama replied, "I
believe this campaign is too important to put on hold." There was a pause
by the reporter asking the question because he thought Obama was going to
add more to his comment, like "...to our country." But, he never added that
part to his comment...strange, isn't it?

John McCain made it very clear in his statement why he was suspending his
campaign and might put off Friday night's presidential debate - it's for the
benefit of the country that this crisis be addressed and the federal
government agree on a plan of action before returning to the campaign trail.

Of course Barack Obama failed to say his campaign is too important to put on
hold "for our country," because he is "NOT" running for president for the
benefit of the country, he's doing it for himself. So naturally, his
putting his campaign on hold would not be good for him or his campaign.

I take my hat off to John McCain. Finally, someone in Washington stepping
up to the plate and saying there are some things more important than
campaigning. Whether you agree with McCain or not, or whatever the deal
gets done in Washington to our liking or not, it's refreshing to see someone
grab the bullhorns of leadership.

This should speak volumes of what kind of so-called "leader" Barack Obama
will be as President. In fact, Obama's campaign issued a statement this
morning that he "was not planning to vote" on the bail out proposal. Guess
that means when the phone rings at the White House at 3 AM in the middle of
a crisis, Obama won't answer it.

- John Scurich