[StBernard] Check out The Reverend Manning - The Rev. gets revved up--again! Pretty Heavy Stuff from the Reverend on Palin & Obama

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 27 20:57:53 EDT 2008

Wendy,

It's good that you can talk to your girls that way, as I talked to mine and
also took them to the doctor for their health and also to let them talk to
the doctor. I told them it was confidential whatever they wanted to talk to
the doctor about. I think it is good to let our kids know everything when
the time is right (I'm not talking about sex ed in indergarden). And my boy
also, I let him know he was just as responsible for anything like that he
did and it was not ok just because he is a boy. I also tried to teach them
about love. Mature love. I tried to tell them not to just say I love you to
anyone, those words have strong meaning and don't ever say that unless you
really mean it in your heart, and don't say it just if someone says it to
you if you do not really feel it. I tried to teach them that saying that to
someone was a very special and meaningful thing and not some words to just
throw around and be frivolous with. I also told my kids that they had
better love anyone they had sex with because even if they think they are
being safe with birth control, it can always fail and you will be linked to
that person for the rest of your life, like it or not, if a child becomes
involved. I tried to make them think about what it would be like to have
that person be the father or mother of their child and have a part in
raising their child, molding their child and also being a part of their
lives until that child is grown and beyond. That really had an impact on my
son. You know how boys can be. Also we are catholic so I tried to teach
morality and self respect as much as I could also with the teachings of our
church. But I'm not stupid, reality has to be discussed with our kids. All
I am saying is that we don't know what kind of relationship Sarah Palin has
with her daughters. She might have done and said all the same things we did
and it can still happen. Because it did happen doesn't mean her mother
didn't try her best or that her daughter doesn't trust her.

Laurie