[StBernard] Health Update- Herman Bonnette

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 29 09:19:26 EDT 2008

Health Updates on Herman Bonnette

Good Afternoon to all of our friends and family,

At the 10:00 visit, Dad was still in a coma like state.   But we serve
an awesome God, because he answered our prayers.  When we went in to
see him at 1:00 he was alert, and responding to commands.  He did
"thumbs up" with both hands, smiled, blinked his eyes, and nodded his
head.  We united in prayer that Dad would awake from the deep sleep,
and he certainly was awake today.  Praise our God!  He loved our
kisses, and smiled from ear to ear when we kissed his cheeks.  We all
know that he loves his kisses!  It was like my Dad was back among us
again, and communicating in his own way.

The nurses and doctors told us yesterday that he is a very, very weak
man because he is not able to hold down the nutrition that is
administered through the feeding tube directly to his stomach.  They
are giving him TPN through his IV and this is suppose to strengthen
him.  I do not know when the doctors will try to feed him through the
feeding tube again.  We cannot wait till the 5:00 visit to have
fellow
ship with my Dad.

Our family would like to thank all of those who went to give blood
today in Chalmette.  We were told that the turn out was huge.

We will continue to believe for a speedy recovery, and that we see a
new miracle performed each day.

Love,

Bonnie and Family