[StBernard] Truth behind Congress rejecting bail-out

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 30 09:02:32 EDT 2008

Westley,

I'm a little disappointed in Charlie voting for this bill. Keep in mind
that 90+ Dems didn't go for it so Pelosi couldn't even keep her own troops
in line.

But you know... how stupid can you be (Nancy!) to call the opposition
"unpatriotic" and then **need** their votes to help carry the legislation?

I don't know enough about economics to really voice a knowledgeable opinion
but I do think that the bill was giving too much to Wall Street with no
"penalties" for their screwups, unless you consider punishment being having
a CEO not being able to earn more than 400K!

I was glad to see that at least in the legislation they had removed the 20%
thing for ACORN whereby they would have gotten 20% of any increased value of
mortgages that the government took over. That had me royally p.o.'d.

JY