[StBernard] St. Bernard officials support hotel-motel tax

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 1 00:06:54 EDT 2008

Jerry, it goes back to the old saying Russell Long used:

Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree.

JY

Wasn't this tried and failed but a few years ago, considering one
motel and
a couple bed and breakfast rooms in the parish? Many then believed
St.
Bernard needed a decent hotel/motel (instead of the roach motel that
existed
at that time). It never came about after Katrina. We're curious as
to why
people's ideas have changed to accept it
now.

Jer