[StBernard] One Brain No Waiting

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 1 00:21:10 EDT 2008

Hey Big Dave,

You are absolute correct in my referral to "dumb Americans." Your comment reminds me of something one of my college professors said in class about "the downfall of any society starts when everyone begins agreeing on everything."

Truly, it is the difference of opinion that not only helps us learn and grow, but also preserves our democracy. I'll admit I might rarely agree with the liberal opinion, but if a liberal argument is articulate, it will make me think and usually walk away learning something I didn't know before.

I have never believe nor will you ever hear me advocate that the entire U.S. Congress should be conservatives or Republicans. I believe our system works best when both interests are representatives with one having only a slight majority over the other. But, right there you have an obvious difference between conservatives and liberals - you'll NEVER hear a liberal say that.

John Scurich