[StBernard] Check out your political e-mails

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 9 09:09:25 EDT 2008

You are right on this and it's perfectly alright to send out e-mails that are in fact true. But when they there are 1 or 2 true items embedded in an e-mail full of untruths it's just not right. I want McCain to win but right now with the economic crisis this country is going through and all the other negatives we are dealing with (high fuel costs. high education costs, inflated grocery and retail prices, energy crisis, social security and welfare problems etc.) we need to be informed with facts.
This country is facing it's biggest challenge since the Great Depression and believe me if it gets to that point in our present day and age it will make the Great Depression look like a cake walk.
We need to be looking for solutions instead of pointing fingers. Yes it does matter how we got here (if you don't learn from mistakes you are doomed to repeat them) but while we are busy accessing blame nothing is being done to address the problems and the world is laughing at us.
This used to be the Greatest Country in the world. Everybody was envious of our freedom, our opportunities, our patriotism, and our ability to pursue and attain the "American Dream". No matter who you were you could go out and get an education, get a job, work hard, own your home and have a good life. That scenario is slowly slipping away.
Our senior citizens who have worked hard and saved to retire now find themselves having to work longer, struggle to keep their homes, struggle to keep their health insurance and watch their pensions and 401K's dwindle away.
We are still better off than most countries, but not as good as we were or as we can be. There is way too much government, way too many taxes, and we get much too little for our dollars.
We desperately need someone who can turn this around. It will take time but it can be done. We need our citizens to be interested and informed about these matters. We need to focus on who can do what, more than who did what. And we need to know the truth about our candidates. Even if nothing you learned would change your vote, you still need to be informed. God gave us all brains and sometimes we just don't use them enough. This election is SO important we need to get it right and we need to know the issues so we can ask the smart questions and demand answers. So come on folks do your research go to snopes.com before you forward those political e-mails that sound so great when you read them until you find out they are just not true or only partly true. They are hurting both candidates. Just because you don't get the negative ones about McCain doesn't mean they are not out there, They Are.
Thanks, Cabowabojan

Still this does not negate the fact that he received a *ton* of money from
Freddie/Fannie in the short time he has been in the Senate.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/update-fannie-mae-and-freddie.html

JY