[StBernard] Call to Action

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 12 19:41:53 EDT 2008

Please help me.

I have been blessed to have been working with the great people at The St.
Bernard Project for the past year. This charitable group's mission is to
put people from St. Bernard Parish back into their homes to give them back
their respect and self esteem.

To date, they have rebuilt over 140 houses at NO COST to the homeowner.
Their formula is pretty simple. They use volunteer labor from all over the
country and team them up with site coordinators (provided by the St. Bernard
Project) to put the houses back together. The average cost to rebuild a
house is $12,000. It takes from 10 - 12 weeks to complete.

Contrast this with other programs which have average costs of over $100,000
and which take many months before the job is finished.

One of the founders of the group is Liz McCartney. She came down to St.
Bernard from Washington, DC after the storm and felt compelled to stay and
help.

Liz was recently honored on CNN as one of our nation's heroes. Now she's
been nominated as a top 10 finalist for the CNN Hero of the year. The winner
will be selected by online voting.

Would you please take 3 minutes of your time to go to
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/cnn.heroes/ and cast your vote for Liz?

Please do this today and everyday. You can vote more than once.

The winner will be awarded a $100,000 prize which Liz will use to rebuild
another 8 houses in St. Bernard Parish.

Also, please forward this e mail to people on your mailing list as we will
need all the votes we can get. The competition is tough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul V. Perez