[StBernard] OKTOBERFEST and Craft Fair

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 12 20:42:52 EDT 2008

Less than two weeks to Saturday October 25. NOON til 4pm.
2825 Paris Road on Girod Street - Gethsemane Lutheran Church - revives its annual Oktoberfest, now combined with a craft fair. Do your Christmas Shopping here, and you are sure to have unique gifts to give this Christmas.

German Food, Games, Soft drinks, non-alcoholic beer (this has always been a family oriented alcohol free event, and we decided to keep it such), Raffles, Parade of Prizes, Skeetball, Inflatable, and of course a bunch of CRAFT table with seasonal crafts, Pampered Chef, Art items, Pralines, Gift baskets, Baby items, Candles, T shirts (Susie's St Bernard cups are a hot item) and I cant remember what all.

Weather allowing, craft tables will be outside on Girod Street. Check out the fun in the parking lot and dont forget to sample Bratwurst, Sauerkraut and Pretzels inside, while admiring our beautiful handpainted Gethsemane Garden mural in the fellowship hall. More Pralines inside. (Ms Emma makes whole gift baskets with her Famous Pralines, but that's not all).

If you go to trick-a-trunk (1-5p), you can spend the lunch hour at the Oktoberfest and get first choice of crafts from noon to 1. Or if fyou are all tricked out and need a break, come on over for a few games, food and raffles, craft shopping, before going to trick again. We are not so far away.
Come have some fun

This event is an outreach to our beloved parish community and will also benefit Gustav/Ike Relief Fund set up by ELCA as well as our own parish "Jimmy's Kids". (Remember that great parish float they had in the parade? white boots and palmettos? It was great. )

Gaby
“I don’t have time to be discouraged right now. I’m too busy fulfilling my life mission.”