[StBernard] We learn the "truth" behind Snopes.com

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 16 20:48:04 EDT 2008

John,

I'm sorry - I was not just referring to your message when I said things were
beginning to get ugly. I am very close with most of the lawyers that I work
with, so I kinda jumped on the defense there. Yours was not the first
e-mail that I was irritated by, it was just the first I chose to respond to.
Tone does not translate into e-mail and I certainly couldn't see you shaking
your head in frustration, just like you can't see me shake mine when people
refer negatively to all liberals, democrats, etc.

I really am voting for McCain. I hasn't been an easy decision - nothing
about this election has. You are definitely right about one thing though,
most of my friends argue with my self-given "liberal" label. Maybe there is
a reason that my last five vacations have been to San Francisco. ;p

Tanya

Tanya,

I wasn't being ugly, I was trying to be historically factual. I
stated
there are in fact some Jewish Republicans - the name of the
Republican
attorney close to W escapes at the moment. But as I said, they are
the rare
exception. As Laurie stated it has never made "political sense" to
me why
the majority of jewish vote sides with the Democratic Party when in
my
opinion they would have stronger representation in the GOP - at
least in
today's politics.

But I understand, having been relayed what a jewish client told my
friend
the pollster, that they feel some connection with the blacks during
the
civil rights movement, plus something to do with what said in the
Torah (the
Jewish bible).

There is rarely anger in my tone, and if there is I will straight
out say
it. My tone, if it was verbal, when saying I don't feel sorry for
the Jews
if they back Obama and he then turns his back on them (and Isreal,)
was one
of confusion and baffled (and I was physically shaking my head).

I took two semesters at Loyola in Judiasm. It was one of the most
interesting and enjoyable subjects I ever took during college,
probably
because of how much I like my instructor, Rabbi Murray Blackman from
Temple
Sinai - a really great guy who made the classes fun. I had a
tremendous
amount of respect for him.

My words are always intended to prompt discussion aand response.
Though I
can be harsh at times (which is perfectly okay for anyone) they are
"never"
ill intentioned. And Tanya, if I might say so, if you are truly
voting for
McCain then you're really not as liberal as you might lead on - at
least
not
in the modern sense. Now, if you're a liberal like a throw-back to
the
60's
and Haight-Ashbury, then you're the true, pacifist - which I can
live with
:-).

John Scurich