[StBernard] Garbage/recycling newspapers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 23 17:55:39 EDT 2008

Ref: New construction debris is the owner's or contractor's responsibility.
If we choose to use a SDT dumpster for our rebuild debris, than our
agreement with SDT should cover the costs of disposal. New construction
debris should not be billed to our municipality.

Unfortunately we have contractors doing their private business in St.
Bernard dumping their business debris at the dumpsters.
They have a drivers license for St. Bernard but do work both inside and
outside of our parish and ar bringing all of their debris to our dump area.
It would appear that only residents sould be allowed to dump their
contractor left debris in our area not commercial businesses.

As far as recycling, It appears that no one is still interested in recycing
the newspapers , not the School Board, Schools, or any other municipal
non-profit group. So every month when I gather up a months worth of
newspapers and place them in the garbage can it makes my blood boil,

There must be some group or school club that would be interested in
receiving the profits from recycling the newspapers, Kawanis, ROTC, Key
Clulb,4H club. Even "Rediscover District C" has obtained 501C status. There
is a company that would agree to place the receptable and pick it up and
credit the non-profit group. It's not all roses, there is probably some
short falls such as ignorant selfish people placing trash in the dumpster.

Below is the infor, maybe this time someone with attempt to implement a
plan. My contact at the facility was: Scott O'neal back in 2007.
504-733-1954
jdolese

www. sprecycling.com
246 St George Ave
Jefferson, LA 70121
Located on the east bank just east of the Huey P. Long bridge and south of
Jefferson Hwy.

Phone No. 504-733-1954 Fax no. 504-734-9248
email inquires to: 505 at spnewsprint.com
Operating hours are: Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Our buying scale is open during business hours only