[StBernard] Democrats want to abolish 401K andRetirementAcconttaxbreaks

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 26 18:43:01 EDT 2008

Bob,

I appreciate your sincerety as well. All this brings up a good point
brought up in a discussion I recently had with Bud Gregg, the State Farm
agent who a few months back put up the funny Obama sign in Mandeville. What
has happened to the "tolerant" liberal faction in America?

Bud asked me if I thought after the election, and presuming Obama wins, will
all the "anger, envy and hostility" so typically seen in liberals finally
begin to subside? Will we or can we begin showing respect to one another?

I know my answer is going to sound one sided, but I think that all depends
on the liberals. For the most part the only thing conservatives get angry
at are these militant liberals who try to jam their beliefs down everybody
elses throats. I like pollster John Grimm's analyis of conservatives that
"they just want to be left alone." But that doesn't seem good enough for
liberals. They insist on infiltrating every aspect of everyone elses life
and insist they "accept" them and their lifestyle to be as normal as
everyone else. And there's the key word...accept.

That's what I find to be such a signifant (and bad) change from the liberals
of the 1960's to today's - the word "accept" has replaced the word
"tolerant." Remember, back in the 60's, San Francisco, Haight-Ashbury, back
then all liberals wanted was for the rest of American society to "accept"
them for what they were, so "we could all live in universal happienss with
one another." That was the point back then, wasn't it? If we could all
just get along?

Boy, has that changed! Now, liberals appear to demand our total acceptance
and "submission" to their beliefs, their way of life - but that ain't ever
gonna happen! They'll have to use force - which Obama, Reid, Polosi and the
gang look like they're trying to do.

Believe me, I would have no problem with liberals if they were like the
liberal "children" of the 60's. I think some liberals from back then who
are still around today need to step up to the mike and do a little preaching
to the modern-day liberal. This is one conservative who would welcome that.

John Scurich