[StBernard] Why America's Best Option for President is John McCain

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 29 00:30:47 EDT 2008

Why America's Best Option for President is John McCain
by Terry Paulson

If you or others you know still have doubts on Obama's
readiness to lead, here are reasons to make Senator John
McCain your choice for president:

In one word-Trust! His 'Straight Talk Express" is more
than a slogan. He promised to join Obama in taking public
funds; only McCain kept his promise. When Senator Biden
talks of our enemies testing a President Obama's strength,
we know past enemies have already tested McCain as a POW.
He passed with flying colors. You can trust McCain to do
what he believes is right for the country-- "I'd rather
lose an election than lose a war!" He has the maturity,
integrity and proven character that only experience can
affirm.

With the world facing the worst economic challenge in
decades, McCain's plan to reduce corporate taxes will
keep more companies here, encourage economic growth and
generate more American jobs. Only Hoover and Carter in-
creased taxes as a cure for a bad economy; it made
matters worse. While Obama wants to transfer wealth
from the very Americans who fund capital investment and
economic growth, McCain promises to keep the Bush tax
cuts that helped our economy and jobs rebound after 9/11.
McCain pledges to keep taxes low on all and raise them
on none.

McCain's energy independence plan is an "all of the above"
plan-Drill and Diversify Now! It's a call for action-he'd
free states to allow off-shore exploration and drilling,
encourage more clean-coal, speed processing and approval
for more nuclear energy plants and refineries, and incent-
ivize without subsidizing alternative energy innovation.
That means jobs and a change you can believe in.

McCain complains, "Government has grown by 60 percent in
the last eight years. That is simply inexcusable." He
promises to reclaim "our good name as the party of spend-
ing restraint." He's promised a "top-to-bottom" review of
federal spending and promised to veto any bill that ear-
marks money to pet projects of members of Congress. In
addition to eliminating government waste, he wants govern-
ment to shrink, not grow.

In a dangerous world where we finally have the extremists
on the run in Iraq and the Iraqi leaders beginning to make
progress, John McCain's vision for peace through victory
makes room for a strong, necessary commitment and the
flexibility to adjust strategy as needed! McCain remains
the president most Americans would want called at 3 AM to
deal with an international crisis!

McCain is a proven maverick who has put America first in
taking on his own party leadership. While the Congressional
Quarterly's Voting Studies indicate that he voted with Bush
as much as 95% in 2007, he voted as low as 77 percent in
2005. Americans have seen his independence in action; he's
no Bush clone.

McCain does more than talk about being a "uniter:" He has
delivered-McCain-Feingold on campaign finance, McCain-
Lieberman on Global Warming, and the McCain-Edwards-Kennedy
Patient Bill of Rights. Bill Clinton said this of John
McCain, "He loves his country every bit as much as we do.
As a Senator, he has shown his independence of right-wing
orthodoxy on some very important issues."

McCain is a proven reformer committed to taking on corrup-
tion wherever it appears. In 2005, while Obama was collect-
ing contributions from PAC groups and leaders associated
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, McCain co-sponsored legislation
that called for more scrutiny and controls. McCain has
promised investigations into business executives and
Washington insiders who profited while citizens and in-
vestors took the fall.

To McCain, Americans don't need renegotiated trade agree-
ments or protection from competition; they just need free-
dom to compete in a free-trade, global economy! Americans
can out-invent and out-perform anyone in a fair global
competition. Obama's plan to renegotiate NAFTA and increase
tariffs will only increase our economic difficulties;
McCain supports our longstanding commitment to free enter-
prise!

If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's
managed by the government. McCain's plan for healthcare
takes the responsibility and choices away from the govern-
ment and employers and gives it to every American adding
portable policies they own, tax credits and saving account
options.

He's also promised to pick Supreme Court Justices in line
with Roberts and Alito. That same wisdom is shown in his
bold selection of his kindred spirit, Governor Sarah Palin
as VP. Palin brings her dynamic presence, her passion for
reform, and her energy and executive experience onto his
administrative team!

Finally, instead fueling class envy and using the govern-
ment to "spread the wealth around," McCain believes in
"equal rights" and equal opportunity. His optimism is based
on his trust in you, American citizens, not bigger govern-
ment. He's committed to preserving the "American Dream"
based on personal freedom and individual responsibility no
matter what a person's race, gender or age. Instead of
glamorizing the victimhood of the "middle class," he supp-
orts enabling, celebrating and learning from true achieve-
ment to make all Americans more successful! McCain trusts
us. Now, it's our turn to trust him to lead.