[StBernard] Violent Obama Supporters Attack Republican Campaign Office

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 29 01:40:46 EDT 2008

Violent Obama Supporters Attack Republican Campaign Office
by Rob Taylor on October 28th, 2008

Daniel Cason Meinecke, 29, and Cara Annis Hindman, 26 were arrested after a
bizarre attack on several older GOP campaign workers in Galax Virginia which
started when the pair demanded the Republicans give them Obama signs. When
asked politely to leave the pair assaulted the workers, and pepper sprayed
everyone in the office including an elderly woman:

Two people were arrested Monday afternoon after an altercation led to five
Republican campaign workers being sprayed with Mace at their headquarters in
Galax.

Galax Police Chief Rick Clark said officers were dispatched shortly before 1
p.m. to the Galax Republican headquarters on East Grayson Street when a
caller reported someone had sprayed office workers with Mace.

Responding officers arrested Daniel Cason Meinecke, 29, and Cara Annis
Hindman, 26, both of Galax.

Meinecke was charged with one count of misdemeanor assault, Hindman was
charged with five counts of misdemeanor assault.

Galax Republican Chairman Mike Stevens said he was one of the volunteers
sprayed. He said a man and woman came into the office and asked for campaign
yard signs for the Democratic ticket of Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

After being told the Obama-Biden campaign office was up the street, Stevens
said, the man said he was aware of that, but that he thought Democratic
signs were being stolen and "stashed" at the Republican office.

Stevens told him that nobody there had stolen signs, not were they
"stashing" any in the building.

A confrontation escalated and, Stevens said, the man began to use some
four-letter words.

Stevens said there were older women in the office and he asked the couple to
leave the building.

"With the ladies in the office, I said that was enough and asked them to
leave," he said. "I told them, if they had a problem with someone stealing
their signs they needed to contact the police department."

Stevens said the couple replied that they weren't leaving, and that they
didn't have to.

"I kind of moved them towards the door and he lashed out at me," Stevens
said. "So I lashed out at him."

No punches were thrown, but instead the two simply held each other at bay,
according to Stevens.

Once outside, Stevens said, the woman sprayed Mace on him and another
volunteer before turning back to the office and spraying inside the
building.

"It was surreal in the fact that I've had people in the past couple months
come in and ask for signs. But to have an altercation like that just seems
strange."

While Stevens was unsure if the couple came into the building planning to
start an altercation, he said it seemed evident they were.

"There was no business that this gentleman had to do in the office. We
didn't do anything. We didn't steal his signs. The people in the building
were a 75- and 71-year-old man and their respective wives. they aren't out
there stealing signs."

Stevens said he felt the man just came to the headquarters to agitate office
volunteers and that he had no reason to enter the building.

"I can't say they came there for that purpose. But it seemed that it was to
come in and agitate. When he started cussing, that's when I felt it was time
for them to go out of the way and go on down the road."

Hmmm. You think drugs were involved? This would be outrageous behavior from
teens, but a 29-year-old man and his 26-year-old gutterslut? Clearly an
attempt to intimidate voters and an indication that the two need to
re-examine their lives.

Here's a video report of the attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FpxiftcckU

Arm yourselves. I expect the election night violence to massive