[StBernard] first news conference

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 8 10:39:04 EST 2008

Speaking of the news conference, I didn't watch it. However, I saw
something either on the news or a news show and they had a pic of Obama and
on his lectern was a sign "Office of the President Elect". I googled that
phrase and only came up with this:

Barack Obama?s campaign has launched a website at Change.gov
<http://change.gov/> to clearly map out the road to the White House. The
site calls itself the Office of the President-Elect which frankly, is
something I?ve never heard of before. I?m sure it?s made up, but if I?m
wrong, somebody please correct me.

link: http://tinyurl.com/5dtzw2
I'm no constitutional scholar like Obama, but I don't think any such animal
exists!

Any scholars out there than can provide info?

JY

-

I listened to president elect Obama's whole news conference and I
thought
that comment was rather odd. I think he then realized what he said
and made
a remark about Nancy Regan and seances that I thought was
unnecessary and
could be hurtful to her since her husband is dead. I later watched
the news
and heard that he called her and apologized to her for that
unscripted
comment. Other than that I thought he did very well.
Guys don't attack
me,
I didn't vote for him and don't agree with most of his policies but
I'm
willing to give him a chance. I hope he moves more toward the
center.

Laurie