[StBernard] first news conference

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 9 09:14:30 EST 2008

Oh no Laurie you misunderstood. I know that in transition the winners are
referred to as Prez Elect and VP elect. However there is no "Office of the
President Elect" that I could find. Ya know Obie, he's gotta have a new
sign for everything so it makes him unique! Remember his (as we called it)
his "possum" seal during the race?

Jim

I'm am sure I have heard the term "president elect" before and if
you check
wikepedia its uses the Presidential Transition Act of 1963 as a
reference to
the transition period from one president's term to the others and it
uses
the term "president elect" and "vice president elect" to
identify the
incoming
officials. It seems to be a term only used in the United States so
when you google that term, Obama will come up because he is the
current
president elect.

Laurie