[StBernard] Remarks by John McCain

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 11 07:46:19 EST 2008

John,

They (the MSM) **knew** about Obama; they just refused to report anything
negative on him. The "lords and masters" at NBC, that is G.E. didn't want
any bad stuff out there on "The Chosen". This is probably one of the first
of the MSM mea culpas on him, now that he's going to be in office.

JY

West,

Did you see the recent show with Charlie Rose when he had Tom Brokaw
on?
Keep in mind Rose always came across to me as an Obama supporter,
but he
started asking some tough question to Brokaw. In summary, he asked
Brokaw
generally "who is Barack Obama?" Rose pointed out who are is
heroes?
What
are his peeves, etc. etc.

Anyway, Tom Brokaw actually admitted "we really don't know who the
real
Barack Obama is...we really don't know a lot about him"...this was
just
recent. And at that point I thought "my God, we ARE a nation of
DUMB
ASSES!" Who ever heard of electing to an office as high as the
presidency
someone we really don't know who he is?"

Westley, I'm thinking if I have to explain this
anymore, then I'm
wasting my
time. Just think...companies spend more time checking out the
background of
someone they're considering hiring as a janitor than what most
Americans
spent questioning Obama's background...geez! It's strange how we
try
instill common sense in every aspect of our lives, but it goes out
the
window when it's time to elect a president.

In replying to a friend who lives in Hot Springs, AR, she asked why
didn't
care for Obama? I told her I'm never sold on a candidate when all
he has
offer and campaign on is "hope." To me, "hope" is a cheap
commodity when
its built upon words and not merit. In this instance, I found
Obama's
message of hope to be no different from what I hear from a car
salesman on a
used car lot. It's like he was trying to "sell" me on something
rather than
"convince" me of something. The difference is selling is based on
smooth
rhetoric,
convincing is based on a record or resume. Obama had neither. He
has NEVER contributed a single thing to his country - NOTHING...and
that's
fact! Thus, we have elected the nation's first used car salesman as
its
president. Let's just hope he doesn't sell us a lemon. But just
be
prepared, have the pitcher, water and sugar ready.

John Scurich