[StBernard] Liz McCartney reception on Dec. 2

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 26 20:44:35 EST 2008

Come celebrate

with St. Bernard Parish Government

as we honor

Liz McCartney and the St. Bernard Project

-recognized nationally and internationally

as the CNN "Hero of the Year"

Reception & presentation

by St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro Jr.

Tuesday, December 2 at 5 p.m.

South Hall

Grand Ballroom

Frederick J. Sigur Civic Center

8245 W. Judge Perez Drive, Chalmette, Louisiana

RSVP: kbazile at sbpg.net or 504-278-4227

Liz McCartney, co-founder of the St. Bernard Project, was honored as CNN's
"Hero of the Year" at a ceremony Nov. 22 in Hollywood. The show is set to
air on CNN Thanksgiving at 8 p.m. before an international audience.

McCartney, one of 10 finalists for the award, received $100,000 to continue
the project's recovery work in Hurricane Katrina devastated St. Bernard
Parish. McCartney had already received $25,000 for being a finalist.

"To the country and the world, I ask you to please join us," said McCartney
in her acceptance remarks. "Together we can continue to rebuild families'
homes and lives. If you join us, we'll be unstoppable."