[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 3 15:52:36 EST 2008

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

Elevation Deadline and CHAT Meeting

Road Home applicants who are interested in receiving elevation funding from
the Road Home program must return their Elevation Incentive Forms (that
should have been sent to them directly) to the program by Friday, December
5, 2008. By signing these forms, homeowners are ONLY indicating interest in
learning more about these elevation funds. Returning the forms does not
guarantee the receipt of an award, nor does it obligate a homeowner to
accept an award. Homeowners who have not received an elevation information
letter, but believe they are eligible for elevation funds may contact the
Road Home by calling 1-888-762-3252. Also, homeowners who need to request
another copy of their letter may do so by calling this number. Find more
elevation information in our Homeowners section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#elevate> .

The next meeting of the Citizens Road Home Action Team (CHAT) will cover
Road Home elevation grants and other mitigation issues. The meeting will be
held Wednesday, December 10 at 6:30 PM. Find more information here
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997> .

Contractor Fraud Survey

Contractor fraud has become a major challenge to our community's recovery
from disaster.

LouisianaRebuilds.Info and the LSU Sociology Department in Baton Rouge have
created a survey that will help us understand how widespread contractor
fraud is and more importantly, what we can do to stop it.

Whether or not you've been a victim of contractor fraud, please take this
important survey. Getting information from all residents will give us better
insight on how to fight this issue.

The survey takes an average of 5 minutes to complete and is fully
confidential.

With your help - whether it has happened to you or not - we can work
together to help fix this devastating problem. Please feel free to forward
the survey to others.

Access the survey here
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=6fQ9Q10l3_2fC2vGz5BmJIYA_3d_3d%20.>
.

Insurance Comparison Web Site Updated

The online guide that allows consumers to compare homeowners and auto
insurance rates has been updated by the State Department of Insurance for
the first time in two years. Find the guide in our Insurance section
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/insurance> .

Upcoming Events

December 3: New Orleans Public-Private Partnership Initiative Meeting
District C East Bank <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3657>

December 4: New Orleans Public-Private Partnership Initiative Meeting
District C West Bank <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3658>

December 5: New Orleans Public-Private Partnership Initiative Meeting
District E <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3659>

December 6: New Orleans Public-Private Partnership Initiative Meeting
District A <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3660>

December 6: New Orleans Public-Private Partnership Initiative Meeting
District E (additional) <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3661>

December 6: St. Bernard Family Fun and Service Day
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3642>

December 10: Citizen's Road Home Action Team Meeting
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

December 12: Home Buyers and Home Owners Workshop
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3662>

December 13: Citywide Master Plan Forum 4: How We Prosper (Economic
Development) <http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3655>

December 20: Government Ethics Discussion
<http://louisianarebuilds.info/node/3663>